This one-pan dish from truLOCAL is perfect for any weeknight meal! Although this recipe calls for white beans, you could also use zucchini noodles (Zoodles) if you’d like to go lower carb.
From our friends at
- Prep: 10 m
- Cook: 30 m
- Servings: 4
- 4 chicken sausages
- 28 oz white kidney beans strained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds crushed
- 1/2 tsp chile pepper crushed (optional)
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- fresh basil to serve
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat, add sausages and cook until golden on all sides. Once cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add another drizzle of olive oil along with onions and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender. Add oregano, thyme, fennel and chillies and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper and diced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook until peppers are tender.
- Once vegetables are tender, stir in tomato paste and water until well combined. (Add additional water as needed.)
- Slice sausages into ¼ or ½ inch pieces and add to the sauce to simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add beans to the skillet and gently stir in to combine. Allow to cook for an additional 5 minutes until sauce has thickened, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil to serve. Enjoy!