Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a popular restaurant choice, and the good news is that they are just as delicious and easy to make at home! These lettuce wraps by truLOCAL are a great choice because they are loaded with protein, fresh veggies and a ton of flavor, making them a great party appetizer or dinner for a crowd. Not only are they tasty, but being ready in 30 minutes or less makes them the perfect weeknight meal!
From our friends at
- Prep: 15 m
- Cook: 15 m
- Servings: 2
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 fresh ginger roots grated or minced
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari gluten-free
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil optional
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes optional
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or Boston lettuce
- 2 carrots julienned
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 handful handful coriander
- 1 fresh lime quartered
- In a bowl, stir together tamari, honey, sesame oil and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil on a medium heat and add the garlic, ginger, and green onion.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken to the pan and cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the marinade mixture to the pan and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes until well combined. (For a crispier texture, allow the chicken to cook an additional 3-4 minutes until slightly brown but not burnt.)
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the heat and set aside to serve.
- To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into a large lettuce leaf and serve with the toppings of your choice. (You can keep the vegetables toppings raw for extra crunch, or gently stir-fry them in a little oil and add them cooked if you prefer.)
- Serve warm and enjoy!